Laminate benchtops are extremely cost-effective and a popular choice for budget conscious renovators. They are hard wearing and practical. Available in a wide range of colours, patterns and finishes including wood grains and stone patterns.
Laminate benchtops and a great option for your laundry, bathroom and study.
For general care and maintenance, simply wipe away most spills or marks with a damp cloth, or use an all-purpose cleaner such as Windex spray cleaner or Ajax Spray n Wipe. Rubbing gently with a clean, dry cloth brings back the brightness of laminates. With a few sensible precautions, your laminate surface will enjoy a long lifespan.
- Avoid scourers and abrasives as they will damage the surface.
- Don’t place hot objects, electrical appliances, or pots straight from the oven or cooker onto your Laminex laminate surface.
- Don’t cut on the laminate surface.
- Keep waxes and polishes well away as they dull the natural shine.
- Do not use strongly acidic, alkaline cleaners or bleach for normal cleaning as these might etch the surface.
- Streaky marks sometimes show on dark colours after cleaning. An all-purpose cleaner such as Windex spray cleaner or Ajax Spray n Wipe usually removes them.
- Using a mild dishwashing detergent in water will remove greasy marks. Dab, wait and wipe away. Finish with an all-purpose cleaner such as Windex spray cleaner or Ajax Spray n Wipe.
- Laminex laminate surfaces resist staining from most household chemicals. With some accidental spills however, prompt action is essential. Wipe off beetroot, grape and berry juices, first aid preparations, concentrated bleach, oven cleaners, dishwasher detergents, artificial dyes, hair colouring and solvent based pen ink immediately. Specialty glues such as Super Glue must also be removed straight away with acetone (nail polish remover).
- If the stain won’t budge with Extra Strength Windex, try methylated spirits or dab the stain with a diluted bleach mixture – (1 part bleach to 8 parts water); leave for 3 minutes then wash off with water and dry. Finish off with Extra Strength Windex. Only as a last resort if a stain persists try 2 or 3 rubs with a crème cleanser or white toothpaste, wash and dry. Please note that bleach or these abrasive cleaners may irreversibly damage the laminate surface
- Dark colours and high gloss surfaces require more care and maintenance than lighter colours or lower gloss colours. To minimise scratching, always place and lift objects from the surface