There are five basic types of refrigerators:
- Top mount is a single column fridge with the freezer at the top, this being the most common and energy efficient refrigerator.
- Another option is the bottom freezer where access to the fridge is easier at eye level.
- Side-by-side fridges are essentially wider than usual as one half is dedicated to fridge and the other half is freezer.
- French-door refrigerators are the most versatile whereby the entire bottom third is devoted to freezer space and the fridge door is split into two opening from the centre.
- Integrated fridges are available if you are looking for and seamless and streamlined look in your kitchen.
A recent trend is introducing a wine fridge into your kitchen for temperature controlled wine storage.